|Job Title:||Implementation & Support Technician|
|Reporting to:||Customer Services Team Leader|
|Section:||Customer Support team|
Supporting customer by responding to usage and technical enquiries and providing system training.
Processing and dispatching customer orders including the accurate completion of the company stock records.
Receipting, testing and recording deliveries received from suppliers.
Chronologic is a mature B2B supplier of time and attendance, and workforce management systems with a solid customer base. It supplies a range of systems and products to techie and non-techie people in a wide range of businesses and market sectors.
Chronologic’s growth has come from recruiting and developing high quality staff, providing good quality products and a high level of customer service. The implications of this are that everyone working in the Customer Support will, in general:
- develop an understanding of a wide range of activities;
- need to develop a broad range of skills so that the range of IT and Networking activities can be covered effectively; and
- often work together with other team members on certain activities.
This is a new fulltime role joining an existing, busy support team. The job involves working from the operations base in Midsomer Norton; there may be the occasional need to visit customer sites from time to time.
Key working relationships
- Customer Support management
- Operations Director
- The Customer Support team
- Other members of the Sales and Customer Service team
- Acting as first line support/dispatch answering the support line and either addressing the issue or scoping it for others.
- Creating and maintaining accurate support requests in the ticketing system to provide accurate and detailed customer history and management information.
- Managing role holder’s ticket queue keeping customers informed of progress and actions and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Developing a knowledge of how to test systems and resolve problems.
- Diagnosing and resolving support issues.
- Contributing to on-line customer training course for company supplied systems.
- Learning how to remotely install and support software packages on customer sites.
- Supporting others in the Customer Support and Sales and Customer Care teams.
- Flashing UK firmware for imported clocking terminals.
- Receiving, checking and booking stock.
- Inspecting and/or testing goods received according to agreed procedures.
- Maintaining the company’s knowledge base records.
- Maintaining a high level of quality in all aspects of the job. Following company procedures where they have been formalised.
- Working with customers using a degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Anything as required by the business.