|Job Title:||Digital Marketer|
|Reporting to:||Operations Director|
Working with the Webmaster and Sales team to increase market awareness and quality enquiry generation through a range of activities.
These activities include promoting the business by enhancing website content to make it more engaging and compelling, and thereby to improve page ranking, and through social media channels.
Monitoring and reporting on the ROI and penetration of marketing and web activity.
(There are also a number of other activities required by the business that could be incorporated into the role depending on time available, experience and interest.)
Chronologic is a B2B supplier of time and attendance, and workforce management systems. It supplies a range of systems and products to techie and non-techie people in a wide range of businesses and market sectors.
The company has a strong team culture based on honesty and respect. This role sits in two teams:
- The Sales and Marketing Team - a symbiotic team on which the business is dependent to generate and close sales opportunities; and
- The Digital Marketing Team - responsible for developing and executing the digital / online strategy for the business; the majority of enquires come from the company’s websites.
The company is seeking to develop a pro-active marketing team as a key resource to drive sales enquiry generation and business growth.
The business primarily relies on the company’s websites to generate sales enquiries. However, there is a need to widen audience engagement by increasing the range of marketing channels used and by increasing the number of direct and indirect marketing activities.
This position is key to the business and provides an opportunity to engage in a broad range of marketing activities and initiatives. To execute the full range of activities, a contribution to developing the marketing strategy and campaign roll-out programme is required.
Key working relationships
- The Webmaster and Assistant Webmaster
- The Customer Services Team Leader
- The Customer Service team
- The Customer Support team
- The Operations Director
A Development of a personal knowledge base
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the company and its products and services, plus their key features and benefits, as background knowledge for carrying out marketing activities.
- Developing and managing positioning statements and sales USPs for the business underpinned by an understanding of the markets that the company serves, the players in those markets, and how the company’s products and services compete.
- Developing existing and new marketing channels to increase market awareness of the company’s products and services, documenting the mechanics of how those channels operate, and how to exploit those channels to promote the company products / services to generate sales enquiries. This includes social media channels such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Developing other marketing techniques to engage with a wider market; this includes videos, animations and infographics.
- Understanding that part of the company’s ICT systems and infrastructure that enables tracking information for marketing purposes to be gathered, analysed and distributed internally.
B Website-related activities
- Working closely with the Webmasters and Sales team to create SEO-aligned, engaging and compelling website copy that complements the sales messages and generates quality enquiries.
- Working closely with all teams in the business to create additional engaging and compelling material that complements the websites and sales messages.
- Identifying and targeting specific audiences and personas and creating compelling content on appropriate channels.
- Developing, implementing and managing PPC campaigns; reporting and analysis of results.
C Planning, developing and executing market-sector campaigns
- Contributing marketing expertise to the market-sector planning process. This will enable the Digital Marketing team to development and document a coherent marketing strategy for the operational plan.
- Executing marketing campaigns targeted at defined market sectors using agreed marketing channels and collateral with the objective of generating quality sales enquiries. This will involve a range of activities involving personal work, working with other resources in the business and potentially external resources.
- Development of marketing collateral for use on websites, in marketing campaigns and for regular communication with existing customers, e.g. case studies, marketing literature, newsletters, blog items, copy for direct marketing and e-mail marketing. This will involve working with the Webmasters on the design and using / applying creative copywriting skills. (The management team usually contribute ideas, as well as reviewing and commenting on marketing activities, so that the broadest range of knowledge and experience can be captured.)
- Reviewing marketing campaign results to understand and learn how to make future campaigns more effective.
D Marketing database management
- The company uses a number of sales and marketing CRMs including: Autotask, Constant Contact and Survey Monkey. The introduction of GDPR means that these platforms need to be tightly managed and synchronised to ensure compliance.
- Compilation of prospect lists for use in database-generated marketing campaigns according to the planned campaign criteria.
- Updating the marketing database in the relevant CRM system according to the results of marketing campaigns.
[Note: A combined telemarketing / telesales / customer support activity may be implemented as part of the Operations function. This will provide support to cleanse and update the marketing database.]
E Miscellaneous marketing channels
- Content management and evaluation of registrations for on-line directories.
- Creation of display advertising and editorial content for trade publications as required.
- Contributing to possible exhibition activities.
F Other aspects
- Developing, building and protecting the company’s brand by constant monitoring and consistent use of branding in written and electronic communications and on websites.
- Other marketing related activities as needed.
Progression and Development
Chronologic encourages and supports staff progression and development. This role has several areas of progression including progression to Digital Marketing Manager or a specialist in various marketing disciplines.
Chronologic provides learning opportunity for all its staff by providing access and time to complete online training courses that benefit both individual and the business.