Keeping track of absenteeism
Monitor staff holidays, sickness and lateness
With our integrated time and attendance system
- Holiday calendars make resource planning a cinch.
- The availability screen shows employees in or absent by day to support resource planning.
- Track and report on sickness and other absence.
- Use Bradford Factor Analysis to identify persistent short-term absence.
- Benchmark employee absence rates and set targets to reduce absenteeism.
At head office we have one manager who approves all holidays and is able to ensure there is sufficient cover in each branch. He can easily record the movement of staff to another branch and show it on the branch availability screen.
Absence management overview
The Chronologic workforce management software gives you the tools to manage absence across an organisation to minimise any impact of holidays and sickness on your business.
The availability screen shows group, department and company-wide absence. This screen also allows managers to book absences in single or multiple days for one or many employees. For example, it’s simple to set up Bank Holidays from this screen for one employee, a group, or all employees.
Managing holiday absence
Managing and coordinating employee’s holidays can be very time consuming. Holiday management calendars are an ideal way to prevent holiday clashes and ensure resourcing isn’t compromised.
At the individual employee level the holiday calendar provides managers with an overview of the holidays and absences taken and booked, days scheduled to work and an analysis of absences.
Staff using employee self-service can log in to an online portal and view their holidays and other absence. They can request holidays online and be given access to anonymised group calendars to check that the dates they want are free. Managers and supervisors can approve or deny holiday requests made online.
Alerts for supervisors and managers can be set which flag-up if someone has booked more holiday than they are entitled to.
Have you calculated how much unscheduled absenteeism (including lateness or clocking out early) could be costing your organisation?
When you use clocking terminals (particularly biometric clocking systems which prevent employees clocking each other in and out), you can see immediately who’s late in or early out.
- A Watch Screen enables you to see who’s in and who hasn’t turned up in real-time.
- Managers and supervisors can be sent automatic email alerts if people clock in late (or out early).
- Lateness reports let you pick up on any trends, whether it’s individuals who are persistently late or departments.
Our time and attendance system delivers a wide range of standard reports including payroll, absence, lateness, Bradford Factor analysis and fire roll call. Custom reports are also easy to set up to meet the specific needs of your organisation.
Benefits of our time and attendance system include:
- Your company’s wage bill reflects work actually done and costs are transparent.
- Employees are paid fairly for the work they do.
- Time is saved on payroll, rota planning and HR admin.
- Organisations can demonstrate compliance with working time and other regulations.
- Real-time reporting ensures the right resources are in the right place at the right time – at the right cost.