Keeping track of holidays and sickness has never been easier
Absence in the UK costs businesses around £554 per employee a year (CIPD).
Monitor staff holidays, sickness and lateness with our tailored software.
- Holiday calendars make resource planning a cinch.
- Track and report on sickness and other absence.
- Use Bradford Factor Analysis to identify persistent short-term absence.
- Benchmark employee absence rates and set targets to reduce absenteeism.
The Chronologic attendance system gives you the tools to manage absence across an organisation to minimise any impact of holidays and sickness on your business.
The availability screen shows group, department and company-wide absence. This screen also allows managers to book absences in single or multiple days for one or many employees. For example, it’s simple to set up Bank Holidays from this screen for one employee, a group, or all employees.
Managing and coordinating employee’s holidays can become very time consuming. Holiday management calendars are an ideal way to prevent holiday clashes and ensure resourcing isn’t compromised.
At the individual employee level the calendar provides managers with an overview of the holidays and absences taken and booked, days scheduled to work and an analysis of absences.
Staff using employee self-service can log in to an online portal and view their holidays and other absence. They can request holidays online and be given access to anonymised group calendars to check that the dates they want are free. Managers and supervisors can approve or deny holiday requests made online.
Alerts for supervisors and managers can be set which flag-up if someone has booked more holiday than they are entitled to.
Shift and rota planning
Our workforce time and attendance system isn’t a one-size-fits-all scheduling solution, it’s very flexible. You may have quite simple requirements when Work Schedule is all you need, or you can choose Rotas for more complex patterns.
- Work Schedule is for organisations with employees following predictable, repeating work patterns such as one-off, continentals, triples and double days.
- Rotas work for organisations with more flexible working patterns. Shifts can be set up any way you need them to work for your business.
- Day Plans let you schedule staff for specific events and projects when you need employees with particular skills and skill levels.
Have you calculated how much unscheduled absenteeism (including lateness or clocking out early) could be costing your organisation? It’s been estimated that US companies lose at least $3,600 per year (£2,900) for each hourly worker.
When you use clocking terminals (particularly biometric terminals which prevent employees clocking each other in and out), you can see immediately who’s late in or early out.
- A Watch Screen enables you to see who’s in and who hasn’t turned up in real time.
- Managers and supervisors can be sent automatic email alerts if people clock in late (or out early).
- Lateness reports let you pick up on any trends, whether it’s individuals who are persistently late or departments.
Our time and attendance system delivers a wide range of standard reports including payroll, absence, lateness, Bradford Factor analysis and fire roll call. Custom reports are also easy to set up to meet the specific needs of your organisation.
Benefits of our time and attendance system include:
- Your company’s wage bill reflects work actually done and costs are transparent.
- Employees are paid fairly for the work they do.
- Time is saved on payroll, rota planning and HR admin.
- Organisations can demonstrate compliance with working time and other regulations.
- Real time reporting ensures the right resources are in the right place at the right time – at the right cost.